They say every picture has a story to tell. Your wedding pictures are going to be a representation of your love story and picking the right wedding photographer is vital.
We have put together a list of the basic questions you may want to consider when choosing the photographer to capture your big day.
Questions to ask yourself before contacting a wedding photographer:
- Am I willing to change my wedding date if the photographer is not available on my chosen date?
- How many hours will I need a photographer for?
- What is my budget?
- Do I want a wedding album as part of the package?
Now you’ve got an idea of what you’re looking for in a wedding photographer you can take note of some of these questions:
- Are you available on my wedding date?
- How much do you charge per hour?
- Do you require a deposit? Is the deposit refundable in case of unforeseen circumstances?
- How much notice do you require before the final booking?
- Have you got a portfolio of previous weddings I can see?
- Have you got a particular photography style?
- What type of equipment do you use and do you have backup equipment on the day?
- Do you bring your own lighting and have you got an assistant supporting you on the day?
- Have you got any package deals (wedding album designs, retouching etc)?
Dina’s top tip: It’s always good to get feedback from trusted people who have used the wedding photographer you want to use for your big day.
There are always more questions you could ask, so don’t feel restricted to this list only
Did you find these questions useful? Let us know.